PCs, Printers & Networking
While the main CPU in a personal or notebook computer gets a lot of attention, there are lots of other processors involved in those systems.
In many of the major subsystems, including printers, storage, audio, graphics, video, Ethernet and wireless, you'll find Tensilica's processor cores hard at work.
- Audio Processing
- Video/Graphics Processing
- Image Signal Processing
- Application Processing
Where's Tensilica in Your PC Environment?
Audio and Voice Processing
- Process 32 or more gaming streams
- Codec support for all popular standards
- Single core for complex Blu-ray playback
- Used in PHY and MAC layers
- Efficient turbo coding, OFDM filters, Viterbi, FFT
- Highest performance, lowest power DSPs
Video and Graphics Processing
- Match DSP to your applications
- Video stream and post-processing
- Implement complex security algorithms
- Used with biometric sensors
- Multiple cores used for entire print processing chain
- Ideal for image enhancement, scaling and interpolation, print engine control and more
- SSD and Flash controllers
- Programmable offload accelerators
- Fast multi-protocol host/flash controller
- Small, high-throughput, wide data processing
- Offload accelerators (SAR, DPI etc)
Image Signal Processing
- Pre- and post-image processing
- Also control of image signal processing path
- Ideal for control of complex subsystems
- Fully programmable in C
- With complete matching SW tool set
Sound quality is very important, even in notebook computers (where gaming and music playback is more common these days). Tensilica's HIFi Audio DSPs are being employed in computer systems today. See our Audio, Voice and Speech section.
Tensilica is widely used in the WiFi, Bluetooth and Ethernet communications in computers, printers and storage devices. Tensilica's DPUs can be customized to exactly match the datapath for the fastest possible signal processing. See our Baseband and RF Signal Processing section.
Tensilica's DPUs are being used for graphics acceleration, video post processing and 2D and 3D graphics. See our Xtensa product section.
Image Signal Processing
Use Xtensa DPUs for control, image processing, filtering, and any heavy data signal processing. See our Baseband and RF Signal Processing section.
For security reasons, many notebooks and PCs are including fingerprint sensors. Tensilica's cores are designed into several of these modules. See our Xtensa product section.
Each subsystem often requires an embedded controller. Why not stay with Tensilica, and use our Xtensa processors to do the subsystem control? You can see example configurations of our Xtensa DPUs for control in our Diamond Standard section.
Tensilica's DPUs are being used in over 20 brands of solid state disk (SSD) products today. Licensees produce lower power, higher performance controllers that are optimized for their value-add algorithms and technologies that differentiate them in this highly competitive and fast-moving market. See our Storage section.
Tensilica's DPUs are being used as controllers and offload engines in many networking products. See our Xtensa product section.
Tensilica's DPUs have been used by three of the top four printer manufacturers for tasks such as JPEG decompression, image enhancement, scaling and interpolation, color processing, image rasterization, and print engine control. May of these printers employ 5 or more customized Tensilica DPUs. See our Xtensa product section.
Tensilica's Customers in PCs
You'll be amazed at all the PC-related products that include Tensilica's DPUs. Check out what we've been designed into.